WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement, educational initiative of the National Center For Fathering. There are two primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. program.
- To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Who Are WATCH D.O.G.S.?
WATCH D.O.G.S. are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school.
Learn more by visiting the WATCH D.O.G.S Website.
Interested In Being a Carroll WATCH D.O.G.?
Before you are able to volunteer as a WatchDOG at Carroll Elementary, you must complete the district mandated volunteer background check
Please use this form to Contact:
Carroll PTA WATCH D.O.G.S. Coordinator: Jason York
At the beginning of their volunteer day, WATCH D.O.G.S. are required to meet with the principal or school liaison. WATCH D.O.G.S. are given a brief review of the program, school policy and procedures and are assigned their duties for the day. All Watch D.O.G.S. are required to wear a name tag and shirt that identifies them as a WATCH D.O.G.S.
Please be sure to….
- Follow your personalized Daily Schedule.
- Wear your WATCH D.O.G.S. t-shirt while you are on WATCH D.O.G.S. duty.
- Stop by the office if you have any questions throughout the day.
- Smile, talk to students, listen to them.
- Be alert- if a situation arises, please report it to a school official starting with the principal or assistant principal. You can ask the receptionist to call one of them on the walkie talkie.
Be a positive role model:
- Always use the staff restroom, located in the office, end of each pod, or staff workroom.
- Never be alone with students; always be in the presence of a teacher or other staff member when with students.
- Follow the school’s confidentiality policy in regard to students and staff.
- Always be visible to others.
- Please do not use profanity on campus.
- Do not use any form of tobacco on school grounds.
- Please do not share religious or political views.
- Please do not sell/give your official WATCH D.O.G.S. t-shirt to someone who isn’t an approved WATCH D.O.G. volunteer.
- Limit personal use of cell phones, tablets, or other electronic devices.
- Comply with all Frisco ISD district policies.